Monday, September 15, 2008

Holy Shit!!!!(sorry people)

I'm going to pull my hair out and just scream at the top of my lungs, my kids are the WORST sleepers in the whole freaking world. Whether I give them a nap during the day or not they still do not stay in bed so at that point I figure I will still give them naps so I can have my "alone time" to read, scrapbook, clean or nap. We put them to bed between 8:30-9:30 give or take and they never stay in bed or they just play around and then when we think they are sleeping we hear them in the night coming in our room to sleep with us, they probably come in anywhere from 5-6 times a night(every night) I can honestly say I can't even remember when the last time they went to bed and actually stayed in bed all through the night, seriously you only want to get up so many times during the night to put them back because you just want to sleep but you don't want them in your bed. Dan and I have tried the Nanny way but just telling them the first time we put them to bed that it's bed time and to stay in bed and then if they keep getting up just not to talk to them and repeat in needed, um ya that didn't work I'm at a totally loss and have no idea what to do so if any of you have some advise PLEASE feel free to help.


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

9 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

Drug them!! :)
or a little bit of whiskey.

The Mattson's said...

Do they share a room? our boys share a room and when we put them to bet it takes them like 2 hours to fall asleep. So we started putting them to bed at different times, they get to take turns staying up. So like the first night we put Austin to bed and then when he was asleep we put Parker to bed. I just have to say it has worked really well they fall asleep in like 5 to 10 min. We let them look at books or sometimes lay down and play with cars but they have to stay in bed. Anyways i don't know if this will help at all but i guess anything is worth a try. good luck.

Jamie said...

Tie them to their beds!!:).


sorry that really does suck!!

Nicole said...

I like the whiskey idea. Really, I don't know the answer. Brooklyn is almost 11 and still gets up at night.

Tiffany Anderson said...

On a more serious note. My kids sleep so great when they don't have a nap. I've been cutting it out because of Drew not sleeping at night. We still have a door knob cover on their door, so they can't even get out, but I know you can't do that with Jordan going to the bathroom. They also sleep great when they play really hard outside. It sucks that each child is so different, and there isn't just one simple rule to follow. I hope it gets better for you. I still say drug them (he he).

Cam Ballou said...

Mine did the exact same thing. All I can say is it gets better....eventually (not that its going to make you feel any better now!) I think it finally stopped when both of them had to get up for school.

Liz said...

You could try letting them cry, but that would probably be hard since they share a room. I feel for you.

The Oldroyd's said...

We have been having the same problem with Brooklynn lately. Well she doesn't get up in the night but we have a really hard time getting her to sleep. I was told to lock the door from the outside or the door knob thing but before you go to bed unlock it or take it off so he can use the bathroom. Also we have had to cut down on naps too so she will sleep at night. I don't know anything else, let us know if you find something that works.

meg said...

I totally know how that is. It may help to put them to bed at different times. But we try doing a reward system. Through out the day they get treats in their treat jars ( I do Mini Vanilla wafers)if they are bad than they lose some and if they are good the earn some, and then at night we all read together and while we read they get to eat their treats. Then at bed, if they go to bed they get 2 treats to start off their next day's jar. Sounds dumb, but it works. As far as the night thing that gets better with time, but I always make them lay on the floor and if they aren't comfy than they can go back to bed. (That is when I am awake enough to be strict about it). Good Luck girl, it does get better!! Who really knows.