Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11





Wow!! I seriously can not believe that this is the 7th anniversary of 9/11/01, where has the time gone. Even though it has been 7 years it's still hard to watch when they do shows about it, I can't even imagine going through that ordeal. Dan and I went to New York in December of '06 and ground zero was a site I wanted to visit while we were there and when I got there I didn't know what to think or how to feel, it was sad standing at a place where so many lost their lives. The whole place was fenced off and tarped(you could be peak through) but they had big pictures all around the fence and just looking at them hurt my heart but I'm glad that I was able to visit such a memorable place.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I know. It's so terrible and sad. I went in 2004, and they didn't have pictures or anything up yet. But it was still just amazing and devastating to be standing right where all that crazy sadness went down.

The Oldroyd's said...

That would be amazing and sad at the same time. I would love to go though. I remember the day it happened, I think it was a very traumatic experience for everyone in America.

Tiff and Rand said...

I went to NY December of '02 and they had this wall with writing all over it and so many little comments said things like "I love you Mom" or "We'll miss you Daddy", I read a bunch of them and just cried. It's still unreal that something so devastating like that happened and yet it seems like just yesterday at the same time. I love New York, it's an amazing place to visit...but I could NEVER live there. Too fast paced for me I think.

meg said...

I totally agree. The whole thing is hard to fully swallow. Chris and I watch 9/11 things on the history channel and it makes me sick to think about all that happened! I don't know if I could handle going there.