Monday, July 21, 2008

Man Leaves Child In Car While Watching Batman Film

Police arrested a man suspected of leaving a 2-year-old boy in his car while watching The Dark Knight at a South Salt Lake theater.South Salt Lake Police said the man, identified as David Farnham, went to the movie at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Century Theater at 107 East 3300 South. He reportedly left the child in the car with the windows rolled up.The child was not noticed until 1:22 a.m. when a person walking by heard the child crying inside the vehicle.

Police arrested a man suspected of leaving his 2-year-old child in a car while he watched The Dark Knight. (KUTV) The passerby called 9-1-1 and police and paramedics arrived at the theater. The child was rescued from the car. Police said the temperature inside the vehicle was about 87 degrees.Police entered the theater, arrested Farnham and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail on suspected felony child abuse.The boy was treated and released at the scene and was given to his mother. He is in good condition.



***I'm sure most of you have heard this story on the news, how can someone honestly leave there own child in a car? There has been story after story about a parent leaving there kid in car and then dying. I have always said you never know how things could happen unless you are in that situation but seriously how could you forget about your child and leave them in a car only to come back to more then likely that they have died, how do you forget when you are the one that puts them in the car and I'm sure you talk to them and can hear them play but then you get out and forget about them.

This topic was talked about a few weeks ago on Good Morning America and they were giving ideas on ways NOT to forget about your child, they suggested to put your purse on the floor in the back seat or to put a teddy bear in the front seat next to you so that it reminds you that your child is in the car seat, are you freaking kidding me!! why can you remember your purse but not you child . I think that is so sad that it comes down to a purse and teddy bear, your live with your child day and night, take care of them, feed them, bath them, read to them etc.. but you can forget about them and leave them in your car. My heart breaks every time I hear about these stories and for the most part the child dies but luckily this child survived.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I don't get it either. Except for the mom that went to get her nails done, and her child died in her car. He was like 5, and I think she had dropped her other kids off at the babysitter, and he snuck back in the car and she didn't know.

This guy INTENTIONALLY left his kid in the car. Is the new Batman movie really that important? I'm so glad they are going to probably charge him with felony child abuse. Stuff like this needs to be taken more seriously. It's absolutely ridiculous. These poor little innocent babies have to pay the price for their parent's being dumbasses.

Lytton Living said...

I work for child and family services and see this year after year. I seriously don't get people...parents. If you can't remember your child in the car, you shouldn't have your children anymore. And for this guy, to go see a movie. He should never be allowed to be alone with his child again. We get cases every summer of kids dying in the car because their parents are selfish...oh, I was just going to be gone for a second, oh, I didn't think it would take me too long. As a parent, it is really difficult to work with these people. Great post!!

Hey, did you call Maggi to do your pics?

Tiffany Anderson said...

It breaks my heart too, but it also pisses me off. I hate the fact that people like that are even allowed to have children. I wonder sometimes why God allows perfect little children to have parents like that, but then I remember that not everyone is as perfect as me (ha ha) and maybe that child is better off in heaven than here on earth.

Cam Ballou said...

Unbelievable! I sort of...I said sort of..understand when they are just trying to let them finish their nap or something like that lady in the garage but it almost seems like this guy did it on purpose because he wanted to see Batman. I don't believe he was ever intending to take the kid in with him...that's my take anyway. Of course, I'm sure my kids will have emotional scares from my sucky parenting :-)

Jamie said...

What a Jackass!Duh come on, going to a movie????

p.s. Jon installed a bell in my car for my kids to ring each time we get out of the car. Ayd rings the bell, so I don't forget her or Addi.
It's really sad that people are "forgetting" their kids.

The Oldroyd's said...

I cannot believe that. How sad is that, that you can't remember that your own child is in the car with you. Ry and I have talked a lot about these kind of stories where parents really should have kids. The process we went through to adopt Brooklynn was incredible. I wish that they put parents through the same thing to be able to become parents. I agree, so you would remember your purse but not your own child. OH, it makes me mad.

Shawna said...

If you harm an child you die, that's all there is to it!

Liz said...

The really upsetting thing about this guy is that he did it on purpose. He didn't forget, he just chose to go to a movie and not get a babysitter. I REALLY wish people like this just wouldn't have kids. People think it will be a fun ride and then realize kids are hard. No matter how much you love them, they can be difficult. Don't breed people!