Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bun in the oven!!!


We are very excited to announce we are expecting baby #3(due Jan 19th), some of you may have heard the news through the grapevine and other have not so I finally decided to blog about it. So far so good, things have gone good with the pregnancy other then I have had really bad headeaches, zero energy and seriously have to take a three hour nap every day(my boys are wonderful at napping with me). I have been lucky about not getting sick with my first two pregnancies and hope this one will continue to be the same. For those that know me well know that I can't ever wait for anything so we are planning on doing a ultrasound gender check(instead of the regular one at like 20 weeks) our appointment is August 1st and I can't even tell you how excited we are.


Again if you know us and the Whitney family then you know that there are NO girls in the family, Dan's dad came from a family of 4 boys and Dan's dad had three boys and we have 2 boys and Dan's brother Nick has 2 boys so do you see where I'm going with this? seriously where are the girls? Don't get me wrong I will be more then happy with either gender and a healthy baby but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The funny thing is I have been looking for girls bed sets but looking at boy names, and so far I have not found any boy names at all and I say to myself is this a sign? ha ha!!


Jordan and Ryken are somewhat excited about the addition to the family, Jordan has told me that we are having a boy and a girl and naming them Gisele and Edward(ok! they watch Enchanted a little too much). I think we would be in big trouble if I have twins YIKES!!. So now we are in the process of making changes in our life's and I'm really excited about that.

1. We just purchased a 2008 Toyota Highlander( Dan is way more excited about this vehicle and wants to pimp it out, but I'm the one that will be driving it).
2. We are starting the process of house hunting.
Pros: Yeah a house!! finally more more to run around and have the kids play in the back yard, means I get to totally go house shopping when my favorite day of the year come Swiss days!!!, excited about decorating the baby's room. etc...
Cons: We will be really sad to leave these apartments since Dan's mom, brother and sister in law and cousins live right next to us(and the Park's), and I'm sad to leave the ward because we have a lot of awesome friends here.

Well enough information about our life's we will keep you posted when we find out the sex of our baby and other info along the way.

PS. If anyone have boys names please feel free to throw them my way :)

15 comments:

Jen said...

just remember it was I that introduced you to the Highlander...and you'll have to let me drive it once ok! I am so jealous you are getting my car that I've wanted for SO dang long! Anyway, I hope you get a little girl...but I am betting on another boy.That's just the way it seems to go in our family huh!

Nicole said...

I've been waiting for this announcement for a long time. I've wanted to congratulate, but didn't know if i was supposed to know yet. So here it is...Congrats! I'm so excited for you!

Lytton Living said...

I LOVE Swiss Days also. Congratulations you guys! Tell Dan I said congratulations too! Good Luck with everything - house hunting is only fun for a while...but, I'm sure you'll find something great - it's a buyers market you know...haha.

Cam Ballou said...

How exciting! Change is always good and babies are so much fun to plan for (except the prego part). We will be sad to see you leave the ward. So are you looking in Midway or is that just the weekend you are going to start looking?

Liz said...

Yeah, it's a girl! :-) If you ever need a break, please bring the boys over. You must be exhausted from chasing those little guys around.

Here's a good boys name: Michael :-) It's biblical and cool j/k I'm really bad with names.

Jamie said...

I love the post picture...totally you! We are also excited for all your new and exciting adventures coming up! Good luck with your house hunting....make sure it is close to us.
I am glad you got your car, FOR sure we can carpool for preschool!
Can't wait to see you new ride:).

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

You desereve a great car and a nice house for that awesome family. I am happy things are working out so well for you.

Brooke said...

It's about time you tell everyone! Sheesh! I wasn't sure if it was a secret or not! We've been looking to get a new car too. I like the Highlander, that will be awesome for you guys and it will accommodate your growing family really well. Good luck house hunting! Sounds fun!

The Oldroyd's said...

YAY! I am so glad that you announced it. That is a really cute picture. I am glad that you found one. We are so excited for you guys. You have a lot of things going on. Hey, we were destined to have a girl (seeing the Oldroyd background) but we are having a boy. So it is possible. Can't wait to find out. I don't know how you have named two boys, boy names are so hard.

Liz said...

BTW, YAY on the Highlander! I can't wait to see it. Some day. :-)

I've tried to think of boy names, and can't, so you must be having a girl. ;-) (I'm actually just bad with picking names)

The Whitney's said...

Hey Congrats on your new baby! I hope you have twins, I would pee my pants. I will be so sad if you guys move! But I know that you can't live in that apartment forever. So just make sure it's close by. When I start having a family I want to get a highlander too! Then we could be twins and then Jen could get one and we could be triplets! It's a good thing that they make more then 1 of the same car huh! Love you!

Tiffany Anderson said...

Lets go crusin!!

Lish or Coors said...

WOW.....congrats!! Sounds like you guys have a lot of exciting things going on right now!! Post as soon as you find out what you're having.......I'm excited to find out.

Kaarina said...

Honey, it's all boys all the time. I have to admit, I hope you have a boy. "Boy mom's" have to stick together! Congrats, I am so excited for you! Love your baby widget...so fun!

The Parks said...

We are so excited for you guys and your new changes in life. Not only do you get to have a baby, but you get a new car and a new house! Hmmm...maybe I should get pregnant. J/K! Please let us know if you do find out the gender this week. I told Dave that I feel more excited to know the gender than you guys do...probably not. I also wanted to let you know that I had really horrible headaches when I was pregnant with Carson. My doctor told me it was tension in the neck. So, he told me to go and get a massage. I was like, "whatever". It totally worked! I had no more headaches the remainder of my pregnancy! Totally go get a massage! I hope it would work for you like it did me though.