Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Weekend (with a scare)

Friday night we were planning on running a couple errands and going out for dinner, but then Ryken was feeling a little under the weather. So, Daddy and Ryken ended up staying home while Mommy and Jordan had a night out together. Jordan and mom went and ran errands and went on a little date to Rumbi's and had a good time talking(it's always fun to talk to a 3 year old). While we were at dinner a lady walked up to us and said, "Wow you've got yourself quite a handsome date," which made Jordan grin. Jordan was being such a good boy so we went to target were he picked out a toy for himself. He also wanted to get one for Ryken because he wasn't feeling good and he knew just what would make him smile. Jordan looked and looked, and found the perfect present. It was a mini basketball. Jordan was really excited to give it to him. That was our Friday night.

Saturday I was really lazy because I was up on and off through the night with Ryken. He was so stuffed up and had a fever so we both didn't sleep that much. We woke up at 7:45 and got breakfast. Then I went back to bed until 11:00 while my wonderful husband did the Saturday cleaning. Later the boys wanted to visit Grandma Ann. We told then that they couldn't because she wasn't feeling very good. So we just chilled at home and then I put the kids down for a nap and decided to go and check on Ann. When I got there, I peeked in her room and saw that she was asleep so I just left. Meanwhile we decided to have dinner with Nick and the boys. While they were on their way over, Nick called our cell phone and said that the Bishop and his wife were at Ann's calling the ambulance. I immediately ran over there. Ann was in her room shaking like crazy. She had a serious fever, and felt like throwing up. It was scary. The fire truck arrived first. They asked a few questions and had me look around the apartment for any and all medications Ann was taking. Meanwhile, the ambulance arrived and took her to the hospital. Nick rode with her in the ambulance and I meet them there. It felt like a eternity before I could see her. By that time, Jer and Kelli arrived along with Grandma and Grandpa Poulson. We all hung out in the lobby while taking turns two at a time sitting with Ann. After a long night, it was decided that she has a kidney infection, which spread and has now become a blood infection. They admitted her quickly, and began to run numerous tests. As the night went on, Ann's two sisters Kathy and Carrie also came for support. Ann being the stubborn person she can be would not allow anyone stay the night with her, so we all called it a night and arrived back home at 11:45pm. Another thing that is typical Ann (which makes her such an incredible person) is the whole night she just kept worrying about getting to the store so she could make all of us dinner on Sunday. She's so thoughtful.

Dan took her some belongings this morning. She is very tired and was unable to get much sleep last night. She wants to rest. There is a possibility that she can come home today. It all happened so fast, but we are glad that it looks like she will be okay. Please keep her in your prayers for a fast recovery. We love yo Ann!!


Tiff said...

Oh wow. Please tell her I love her and I hope she gets feeling better soon. I will e-mail her or call, but you can get to her faster. She's lucky to have such great people and family around her to take care of her. You guys are wonderful children too her.

I'm feeling a little home sick today, and I miss you a ton!!!

The Parks said...

Oh my goodness! Tell Ann that Dave and I are concerned for her and we are willing to do anything to help her out! We'll definitely keep her in our prayers. We love Ann. She's one of the nicest ladies we know...I know. Hope your little Ryken feels better soon too!

Kelli and Jeremy Whitney said...

I hope she can get out of the hospital soon. We need to go watch to Bachelor with her tonight.