Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dan's surgery


Dan had his shoulder surgery yesterday and everything went great, Ann was very helpful to take and pick him up and get him home. If I remember right he will have to be in the sling for 4-6 weeks and will be out of work until next week, Dan is not happy that we will not be able to lift or workout or any way hard stuff for at least a full year. Dan's sling is kinda tricky but I was able to figure it out and help him shower(hee! hee!!) and get dressed but I'm worried that when I'm not around it will be hard for him to do, he also has to wear extremely tight socks that go all the way to his knees to prevent blood clots. It will be nice to have him home and spend time with him even though he can't do much.

10 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

He does look pretty cool in his sling. I'm glad that everything went well.

Brooke said...

What a sad little contraption! I would lose my freaking mind!!! Poor guy. He's lucky to have you to take care of him though. If it were Jesse, I'd be like, "take your own damn shower." ha ha.

Jamie said...

I was just thinking that I need to call you to see how Dan is doing. Hoepfully things will continue to go good.

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

Dan spends so much time doing things for others. I think less than pain from the surgery it will kill him more not to be able to help people out for a while. Also not playing at least one sport per week will kill him. Poor guy. He is very lucky he has you.

Jen said...

wow that thing looks huge! Let us know if you guys need anything...although I'll leave the help with showering to you!

Nicole said...

Awww, poor Danny. I'm sure the shower help will help him feel better.

The Oldroyd's said...

Oh, poor Dan, Ryan told me about that. I hope he feels better. Let us know if you need anything.

Lytton Living said...

Ouch..that doesn't look very comfortable! Hope he heals well and it all goes smoothly!

Jamie said...

I like your family sticker! I have our family sticker on my facebook page. Cute, cute.

jfarnsworth said...

Hi Miranda! Your blog is so cute! You can definitely add us to your blog, we'll add you to ours! I hope you are doing well with your cute baby on the way and good luck to Dan!