Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jaundice

Luke has Jaundice really bad, he has been poked for the past two days and his poor little heels are just blue and sore. The Jaundice just keep getting worse so today we had a light machine sent to our house and Luke pretty much has to been in it 24/7 except while eating and diaper changes. It sad because I just want to hold and snuggle him(which he just loves). We also had to put him on special formula and have him eating every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night. The good thing is that he is eating, pooping, peeing good but is sleeping a little too much. Hopefully this machine and the formula will work so we won't have to take him back to the hospital. All in all Luke has been a wonderful baby.



nice shades!!

first bath at home

My little blonde boy

10 comments:

The Parks said...

He is so cute. Carson had a little jaundice, but luckily he didn't have to be under any lights. We hope he gets more energized soon.

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

He will be OK. Andrew had to be under the lights for 2 days and with Tyler it was a couple weeks. They work to get rid of the jaunidce.

Tiffany Anderson said...

Poor little guy. That has to be hard not to be able to just sit and cuddle. Soon enough though.

Gm-Ann said...

Ah...I am so sad. I got stuck at work yesterday with a huge virus at a store. I wanted to come by and see you all. I know the docs. are doing the right stuff. Does he just have to lay not all wrapped up? I will call later today. Love you All!!! Kiss all those little boys and tell them I love them.

Jamie said...

He looks so comfy and warm under his tanning bed:)
It will all be good soon! Hang in there!

The Oldroyd's said...

OH Poor Luke! Cameron had it a little bit but didn't need lights. Well hopefully soon you can snuggle him. So does he look more like Ryken? We can't wait to see him. We will call you.

Cory & Mindy said...

I'm sorry! Parker had to be on a bili-bed and it was so hard on us all. Hang in there. He is so cute!

Liz said...

He is such a beautiful baby, thank you for letting me hold him. I hope his jaundice gets better soon.

Brett and Becca Muir said...

Your little luke is so cute! congrats on the new addition to the family. Avery also had jaundice and we had to get her poked like 10 times it was awful. I hope he gets better soon.

* tilila and karter * said...

oh my he is a little stud!! my mom was saying that they came over and saw him.. now i just need to make my way over! that is so crazy that karter and him have the same bday!! i think its awesome he will have such a great cousin to share the day with.. :) he is such a little cutie!! CONGRATS and love ya all!!