Thursday, July 1, 2010

Disneyland 2010





We decided to take a family vacation before Dan starts school this August(for his MBA), so we decided to go to DISNEYLAND!!! the original plan was the 5 of us and my mother-in law and her husband but sadly they weren't going to make it but she so graciously offered to take work off and watch Luke while we went. So the tickets were bought the car was packed and we said a tearful goodbye to our baby and hit the road at 4:30 a.m(June 13-17th) the boys and I slept all the way to St. George but once there it went down hill, I woke up with a very sharp headache but it went away as quickly as it came and then all of the sudden I felt nausea's and extremely dizzy, I opened the door and about fell out my head hurt so bad along with blurry vision and dizziness. We sat there for a minute(while I was bawling) and decided to go to Insta-care but they suggested I go to the hospital so long story short I was in the hospital for 4 hours and it was determined that I had Vertigo ( a type of dizziness , where there is a feeling of motion when one is stationary), and all I could think was that I was ruining our vacation :( so 4 hours later I was determined to make it to California but on top of that delay we ran into major traffic and our DVD players wouldn't work oh my it was awful but to our amazment the boys were so good.

We arrived 16 hours later and were very tired, I was given medicine for the Vertigo but did not feel 100% but I was determined to have a fantastic time, the boys loved Disneyland but were a little on the scared side and refused to go on a lot of the rides, our first ride was Pirates of the Caribbean which scared them a little but were pumped for other rides and to see Mickey. We did the 3 day hopper pass and had equal fun between the parks, I really wanted to take them on splash mountain but they refused although they did go on space mountain and only because we had no idea what kind of ride it was ha ha you should have seen there faces. We all had a fabulous time but sure missed our Luke.


3 comments:

Kaarina said...

We love the Disneyland...what fun for your cute little boys! I feel so bad about the vertigo incident. I had it once for 3 weeks, it is horrible :( I am so glad you guys enjoyed your trip!

meg said...

Yay for Disneyland--I can't say that I wasn't jealous of your trip! Sorry to hear about the dumb vertigo. But you are such a cute mom and even though you felt like crap you were just worried about messing up their trip. You are such a great mom! I hope you are feeling better though:) Love the pics

Jamie said...

D-land is the best!! Cute pics of such a cute family!!!!